Rosie Lee Three Thumbs Up:
Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/blackenl/public_html/wp-content/themes/twentyseventeen/single.php on line 23

Changes For Flying In The US


If you haven’t heard or been aware of the changes that were implemented for flying domestically, this is some information that you should know. On January 22, 2018, each state had to be in compliance with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or ask for an extension to become compliant. In 2005 The REAL Act was passed and was enacted by the 9/11 commission’s recommendation for the federal government to set standards for issuance of sources for identification. The Real ID Act requires all state-issued identification documents (IDs) to meet a set of minimum security standards. IDs that do not meet these minimum security standards won’t be accepted for federal purposes, including an ID for boarding domestic flights. Currently, 26 states are compliant, 24 states were granted an extension..
Furthermore, by October 1, 2020, all IDs must be complaint for anyone who is going to fly domestically. For this reason, someone with a state-issued driver’s that don’t meet the standards will have to have a valid passport or passport ID to fly domestically. The enforcement of the law is Phase 4 for of the DHS implantation of the REAL Act for clearance in any federal facilities for safety purposes stated by DHS. If, you state is under review make sure to check with TSA before flying domestically if you are informed that your stated ID isn’t complaint here is a list of acceptable identifications.

• Driver’s licenses or other state photo identity cards issued by Department of Motor Vehicles (or equivalent if complaint with REAL Act guidelines)
• U.S. passport
• U.S. passport card
• DHS trusted traveler cards (Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST)
• U.S. Department of Defense ID, including IDs issued to dependents
• Permanent resident card
• Border crossing card
• DHS-designated enhanced driver’s license
• Federally recognized, tribal-issued photo ID
• HSPD-12 PIV card
• Foreign government-issued passport
• Canadian provincial driver’s license or Indian and Northern Affairs Canada card
• Transportation worker identification credential
• U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Employment Authorization Card (I-766)
• U.S. Merchant Mariner Credential
For more information go to. or contact at 1-866-289-9673

Ref :