Applying or renewing for a passport these are things you need. Also, fees turnaround time before getting it in the mail. Printing out a DS-11 form when applying will save on time. The type of ID documents that will be accepted when applying in person.

Photocopy picture must be

Valid ID:

FEE: The fees for applying for your passport will vary based on the book, card, is being expedited or sent by regular mail.



The file search fee if the applicant is unable to present evidence of US citizenship or verification of previously issued passport or Consular of birth abroad the applicant must submit Form DS-11 and a written request for file search.

Routine delivery: 6-8 weeks (by mail)

Expedited: 2-3 weeks (or soon with fee)

Expedited service at agency location maybe eight business days based on immediate life or death emergency if someone is traveling within two weeks.

Additional information:

Your passport book is valid for all international travel. But your passport card is valid only in Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda if using passport card. Be sure to verify before you travel to any location.

You could renew your current or expired passport unless the passport were.

Make sure that you go to the passport acceptance facilities in your area. The is an excellent tool to find facilities in the area. Also, keep in mind that if you choose a post office to file your passport. You may have to make an appointment.