If someone owes more than $2500 in child support that individual will not be granted a passport. But they can contact the appropriate child support enforcement agency. The child support enforcement agency which reports to the HHS. Once the HHS (Health & Human Service Department) has been notified that some acceptable payment arrangement has been made. Your name will be removed from a list by the HHS. They will notify the state department that is over passport affairs this may take 2-3 weeks. Once it is verified that the HHS has removed your name that individual can start the process of applying for a passport. But for more information go to www.acf.hhs.gov
If someone is under the age of 16 make sure that they are with their legal guardian. As well as they have all valid ID, birth certificate. Also, proof that the person with the minor is a legal guardian.
Status of Gender Transition
You have to have appropriate clinical treatment.
Adults: 10 years Child under 16: 5 years
You are in the process of getting appropriate clinical treatment. Your physician will determine the clinical treatment.
Requirement Using Form DS-11:
- Photo ID that resembles your current appearance
- A medical certification that indicates you are in the process of or have had appropriate clinical treatment of gender transition
- Proof of legal name change ( if applicable)
- Medical Certificate
Medical Certificate must have the following:
- Physician full name, office address, phone number
- Medical license or certificate number
- Issuing state or jurisdiction of medical license certificate
- The physician has a doctor/patient relationship
- The physician has treated you or has reviewed or evaluated your medical history
- You have had or are in the process of having appropriate clinical treatment for the transition to the gender (male or female)
- The statement must include, “I declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States that the foregoing is true and correct.”
- Medical certification requirements are the same for a minor as an adult.
Here is an Example of a certification:
(Licensed Physician’s Official Letterhead)
(Physician’s Address and Telephone Number)
I, (physician’s full name), (physician’s medical license or certificate number), (issuing State of medical license/certificate), am the attending physician of (name of patient), with whom I have a doctor/patient relationship and whom I have treated (or with whom I have a doctor/patient relationship and whose medical history I have reviewed and evaluated).
(Name of patient) has had appropriate clinical treatment for gender transition to the new gender (specify new gender male or female).